Little e’s Kindergarten is a two room Pre-Prep, long day-care centre with a focus on building the foundations for learning.
At Little e’s, your child will participate in play-based learning experiences designed to encourage their physical, social, intellectual, language and emotional abilities.
Our program will help your child learn early literacy and numeracy concepts and develop communication skills that will assist with reading and writing. Most importantly, our kindergarten program will help your child develop a love of learning and be better prepared to start school.
Little e’s has 44 places available each day, with 22 children per class. Each classroom has a full time Early Childhood Bachelor qualified teacher and a full time Diploma (or higher) qualified assistant. Our staff plan and implement programs based on the children’s interests and strengths, and on the principles of early childhood development. Learning experiences are offered using a play-based approach, within a guided structure.
At Little e’s, our aim is:
- To provide a service which not only meets but exceeds the national standard across the seven quality areas assessed by the Australia Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
- To build the foundations for learning - holistically supporting every child to be ready to commence school.
- To openly and honestly communicate with families with regard to the progress and development of their child.
- To work with families and other professionals to fully support children who may be identified as requiring assistance in any area of development.
- To offer relevant and current information sessions and workshops throughout the year to support families in raising their children.
- To promote positive socialisation for every child through effective behaviour management strategies and the development of strong relationships with children and families.
Little e’s is a Queensland Government approved service and has been rated as Exceeding the National Standard by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Ethos and Philosphy
At Little e’s we believe that children benefit from a play-based, child-centred and holistic curriculum. Like Froebel, we understand that humans are creative beings, who have many different learning styles. We implement an emergent approach, incorporating children’s emerging interests; the service’s goals; ideas and intentions of teachers and educators; family involvement and parent input; local and global community connections; the Christian Ethos; our understanding of early childhood development and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines.
Little e’s boasts modern and safe facilities, a lovely welcome area, two beautifully appointed classrooms with adjoining amenities and a large astro-turfed, bright and sunny play area for exploring that reflects wonderful creativity in design and a significant section of the area is under shade structures.
The centre is open for 50 weeks each year, Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm.
Little e's Application forms should be completed in the year prior to attendance only (see process and links below). Forms will be made available on this website each April, with the applicable entry year clearly displayed on the top of the form.