Senior Sports Overview
Emmanuel College is committed to a total Christian education package and our school believes that sport is a vital part of a balanced and multi-faceted educational program. Sport provides students with a range of experiences and opportunities that are unique in their educational setting and as such, we expect every student to participate in these activities.
Our Senior School students are fully engaged in an interschool sports program and a wealth of extra-curricular sports offerings including:
- Inter house athletics, swimming and cross-country carnivals
- Over 100 teams from Yr 4-12 compete on a weekly basis in our compulsory APS interschool fixtures
- Access to state of the art sporting facilities
- A broad Winter sports program including rugby, netball, soccer, hockey, volleyball and tennis.
- A broad Summer sports program including cricket, softball, touch, basketball, Australian Rules, water polo and tennis.
- Emmanuel College employs full-time Swimming and Athletics coaches plus over 20 part-time coaches across a diverse range of sports.
- Over 200 students are enrolled in Squad Swimming and Learn to Swim programs and compete at various club meets and events throughout the country
- Over 80 students are active members of Athletics Squads and compete at various club meets and events throughout the country
- 200 to 300 students trial for district and regional representative teams each year
- Emmanuel College enters multiple teams in the Queensland School Championships in Volleyball, Basketball, Touch and Netball and we participate in many sporting knockouts in Cricket, Tennis, Football and Rugby
- We operate an award winning reward program, Emmanuel Active, that allows students of all ages to earn rewards for participating in sporting activities.
Sport at Emmanuel College offers students constructive and positive pathways, where the willingness to be actively and practically involved is just as important as the results. Our strong belief in this is embodied in our award winning Emmanuel Active initiative.
We also strive for excellence and would like to see every student maximise their physical potential and experience, across a range of different sports.
For all sports related enquiries, please contact the Director of Sport:
Mr David Weir
07 5561 4078
Emmanuel College boasts extensive, state of the art sporting facilities catering for a variety of sporting disciplines.
Emmanuel Active is our award winning activity rewards program for students in Years 4 to 12. The Emmanuel Active program provides an additional incentive to keep Emmanuel students active and maintain our position as one of the healthiest schools in the country.
Emmanuel College is a part of the Associated Private School Association (APS). Emmanuel College has a strong performance record and we are competitive and respected amongst our competing peers.
Emmanuel College boasts a number of staff with specific coaching expertise who run coaching programs for various teams. These programs are complemented by the use of a number of outside coaches brought in to meet various needs.