Emmanuel College administers a specialised co-curricular Speech and Drama program. Speech and Drama is a hugely beneficial, enjoyable and creative avenue for learning.
Our Speech and Drama program aims to:
- build confidence and self-esteem
- develop confident speakers and performers
- encourage an appreciation and love of literature and wide variety of dramatic genres
- develop an understanding of stagecraft
- provide regular performance opportunities
- provide opportunities to participate in examinations and competitions (Eisteddfod and Solo Acts)
- support and enhance academic oral presentation
Emmanuel College co-curricular Speech and Drama students have the opportunity to participate in studies in the following areas:
- Public speaking
- Effective reading
- Critical listening
- Prose, poetry and drama
- Voice Production (articulation, projection etc)
- Choral Verse Speaking
You can now also enrol and pay online.
Students of Speech and Drama have the opportunity to sit examinations with either Trinity Guildhall or AMEB (Australian Music Examinations Board). Exams are optional and provide a portfolio of examinations at Grade, Certificate and Diploma levels. Exams provide students with challenges and goals to work towards. All assessment and written evaluation is administered by qualified and experienced examiners.
For Emmanuel College co-curricular Speech and Drama enquiries, please contact the Performing Arts Centre via:
Mrs Jane Allen
07 5561 4088