A warm welcome back to our Junior School community and a special greeting to our new families across all year levels. My hope is that you have already started to feel part of our community. Please come over and say hello if you see me around the campus.
We have quite a number of new teachers to introduce this year and a few others who are taking up new roles.
Our new teachers include:
- Miss Jessi Rankin (Year 1)
- Miss Ashley Taber (Year 2)
- Mrs Vanessa Munro (Year 2)
- Mrs Jenna Luchich (Year 4)
- Mrs Heidi Tatlow (Year 5 – 3 days / week)
- Mrs Katie Dean (Year 5), Mrs Wendy Hewitt (Art Teacher 1 day / week)
Those in new roles:
- Mrs Kim Bohlsen (Learning and Teaching Coordinator, Maths Teacher)
- Mr Jonathon Roberts (JS Leader of Digital Technology and Design Technology Teacher)
- Mr Heath Perrot (JS Learning and Teaching Leader, Year 5 class teacher 2 days / week)
- Mrs Monique Marroquin (Acting Head of Junior School Art)
- Mrs Brooke Simmonds (Junior School HPE Teacher, Design Technology teacher)
Most of our new teachers are quite well known to us as past students, former full-time or part-time teachers or former relief teachers within the College. Please join with me in welcoming them onto our dynamic Junior School Staff.
I am particularly excited by a number of new initiatives that these new roles represent, in particular the tasks that Mrs Bohlsen, Mr Perrot and Mr Roberts will be responsible for. They are all part of a team that will be overseen by Mrs Helen Boyes as Director of Learning and Teaching, that is expressly designed to work alongside the teachers in the classroom to improve the learning of our students.
By way of a short explanation, Mrs Bohlsen is helping to facilitate the teachers’ professional development and to help provide guidance as teachers analyse data that arises from student assessment. Mr Roberts is working alongside teachers in creating lessons that use the latest in digital technologies and in guiding students in their programming skills. Mr Perrot’s role will be in developing a fresh approach to our students with particular academic talents in key areas to best serve our whole student body. Keep an eye out for new learning opportunities for our students both inside and outside of the classroom as the year progresses.