A few reminders to ensure that all our students commence the last term of 2017 in a positive and successful way.
As you make preparations for your child/children to return to school could you please ensure the following expectations are being met.
- Check skirt length - ensure it to completely covers knees.
- Earrings - only single stud or sleeper earrings allowed (small clear stone allowed, no large or pearls)·
- Jewellery - Necklaces, rings and bracelets are unacceptable.
- Makeup - Under no circumstances should the girls wear makeup of any kind to school - this includes eyelash extensions and finger nail polish.
- Hair - should be neat and tidy and girls with long hair should ensure that their hair is tied up and off their face whenever they are in uniform, including travelling to and from school.
Only plain blue or white ribbon is appropriate - no ornate hair accessories even if they are blue or white.
- Hair - Boys should ensure that they return to school with an appropriate haircut: hair should not touch their ears or collar and should be cut proportionately on top. No long on top or extreme/fashion statement styles - short back sides and top is a good guide for your hairdresser.
- Ties - Term 4 is tie free but please ensure that the boys come to school with clean ironed shirts tucked into pants or shorts secured with the regulation belt.
- Garters are recommended to wear with their long socks to make sure they stay up and are neat at all times.
- Boys who wear long pants should only wear short black socks with their uniform.
- Boys should not wear jewellery of any kind including rubber/plastic bracelets regardless of the cause they are promoting.
- Please remember that classes begin at 8:30am and all students should arrive at school no later than 8:20am in order to be in their class, mentor group, assembly or chapel on time.
- Students who are late need to sign in at Student Services and if they have a legitimate excuse parents or guardians are asked to supply a note, email or phone call. Late students without verification of their reason will be seen as late without an excuse.
- Hats are also an essential uniform item and should be worn to and from school and any time students are outdoors during the school day.
- Students can only wear their sports/PE uniform to and from school on Friday. A student who wears their sports uniform to or from school on any other day will be issued with an After School Detention. Students who take PE as a subject must wear dress uniform to school and change at the appropriate times before and after their class.
Emmanuel College takes respect for our school culture, including our school uniform and the expectations around it very seriously. We ask our students and their parents and guardians to acknowledge this and to remember to always wear your uniform with pride and to represent the College with a positive attitude at all times. This includes after-school activities, visiting shopping centres or other appointments.