Emmanuel College has expended considerable resources into creating first class buildings and facilities suitable for the ever-increasing needs of its staff and students. Therefore, the College has a vested interest in maintaining a high standard of care for these facilities. From time to time, various external groups/users enquire as to the out-of-hours use of these facilities.
The College seeks to engage in mutually beneficial relationships with suitable and reliable external groups/users who wish to hire the College facilities.
All requests for the use of College facilities must be made in writing to the Venue Hire Coordinator who will determine the viability of the request, taking into consideration the following criteria:
- The suitability and reliability of the individual or group making the request;
- The purpose of the request; and
- The timeframe of the request
To view the Emmanuel College Facility Hire Policies and Procedures, please send an enquiry to the Venue Hire Coordinator:
The Emmanuel Chapel
The Emmanuel College Chapel, built in 1939-1940, features beautiful wooden pews and stunning stained glass windows throughout. The Chapel may only be used for occasions that are reflective of Christian worship and ceremony.
Services conducted within the chapel must be officiated by a recognised Christian pastor or minister, or a person approved by the College. The Chapel may be hired by FACES (Former Students of Emmanuel College Association) members for weddings. Other applications may also be considered. The Chapel is air-conditioned and seats up to 130 people.
The Ian Troup Memorial Hall
The Ian Troup Memorial Hall is the ideal facility for large scale indoor presentations and events (comfortably seating up to 2000 people) as well as sporting events. The hall features:
- State of the art audio/visual and presentation facilities including lectern, microphones and stands, data projector and screen and an extensive lighting rig.
- Integrated sporting courts incorporating 2 basketball/ netball courts, 4 volleyball courts and 3 badminton courts. Two electronic scoreboards are available for sporting events.