Emmanuel College is an enthusiastic community of educators and support staff. We are committed to hiring staff who demonstrate excellence in their field, who are prepared to commit wholeheartedly to the values and ethos of the College, and who confess to a personal Christian faith.
We are committed to the principle of being a multi-denominational Christian school. In practice this means:
- We hold no distinction between Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox;
- We are committed to the Christian scriptures as our guide and foundation;
- We are committed to the necessity of placing Jesus Christ at the centre of our school.
Staff at Emmanuel College are treated as professionals, and given opportunities to innovate and to develop themselves. Our staff work on specific principles that guide each of us in our own professional standards and daily practice.
All staff, teaching and non-teaching, are invited to participate in co-curricular events which might include mission trips or student camps, and so we apply these standards to all staff employment positions.
Human Resources Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for a customer service focused, team oriented, dedicated Human Resources (HR) Officer to join the newly created Emmanuel College People Office. This full time position will play an integral role in the provision of high quality Human Resources and Recruitment support services to staff and the College Leadership Team. The position will report to the Deputy Principal who will head up the College People Office.
The successful applicant will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Extensive Human Resources experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management will be an advantage
- Proven ability to coordinate recruitment processes within a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience preparing employment contracts and managing personnel files
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to create positive relationships with candidates, employees and managers
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently, as required
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks within designated timeframes
- Knowledge of national and state IR laws affecting the education environment
- Computer literacy across the Microsoft Office suite
This full-time position will commence on 11 January 2016.
For further information about the position or to apply, please review and address the Online Selection Criteria - limiting your responses to no more than half a page per criterion. Attach your completed Selection Criteria electronically (doc or pdf) with the Application Form below.
Applications close 8am Monday 30 November 2015
Teaching Positions - 2016
There are currently no vacancies.
If you wish to be considered for casual/supply work, apply below:
For enquiries please contact:
HR Officer - Emmanuel College
Locked Bag 5
Only applications submitted on the Emmanuel Application Form will be considered. Applications will be acknowledged via automated reply. Those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted personally. Copies of qualifications and proof of identity will be required upon appointment.
Please note that applications will be kept on file for a maximum of 12 weeks. We recommend you retain a copy of your application should you wish to apply for a position/s in the future.